It was a really lazy day for me. I woke up late and I immediately knew that I wasn’t going to get much done today. I just kind of lounged around in my pyjamas for most of the morning. I checked my emails and social media, had a light breakfast, and then just chilled. I did a bit of daydreaming, too. I guess I was trying to come up with ideas to make some money but somehow I ended up on Twitter. I had some errands to run in the afternoon, so I got dressed and went out. At night, I watched a few episodes of my favourite show, snacking on popcorn and chips. It was a really nice day. I didn’t get much done, true. But sometimes we deserve a day off, don’t we?
Today was a lazy day for me. I started off by sleeping in for a few extra hours. I was supposed to go to the office today, but I called my boss and told her I’d work from home. The truth is that I didn’t really work. I did attend a meeting and send a few emails, but mostly I just pretended to work. In the morning, I made myself a cup of coffee and watched the news for a bit. After my 11 a.m. meeting, I had a light lunch and then curled up with a book. I dozed off a few times while reading, so I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon. Once I woke up, I grabbed my guitar and played some songs. I wrote a song about you. I hope you’ll like it. Anyway, at night I watched that show you recommended. I loved it! I’m already on season 3.
- Lazy: slow and relaxed.
- Immediately: now or without waiting or thinking.
- Lounge around: to spend your time in a relaxed way, sitting or lying somewhere and doing very little.
- Chill: to relax completely, or not allow things to upset you.
- Daydream: to spend time thinking pleasant thoughts about something you would prefer to be doing or something you would like to achieve in the future.
- Come up: produce something, especially when pressured or challenged.
- Errands: a short trip you make to do something, such as buying or delivering things in the neighborhood.
- Snack: to eat small amounts of food between meals.
- Deserve: to have earned or to be given something because of the way you have behaved or the qualities you have.
- Be supposed to: to be intended to.
- Attend: to go to an event, place, etc.
- Pretend: to behave as if something is true when you know that it is not, especially in order to deceive people or as a game.
- Doze off: to fall asleep especially for a short period of time.
- Nap: sleep lightly or briefly, especially during the day.
- Anyway: In conversation, anyway is also used to change the subject, return to an earlier subject, or get to the most interesting point.
Learn the vocabulary and then memorize the text. Repeat it until you don’t longer need to read it.
If you want to go one step further, you can create your own text using the above vocabulary.
When you’re done, choose another one of our texts and memorize it. The more texts you learn, the more vocabulary you will know and without realizing it, you will be able to use the phrases and words you learned in your daily conversation